Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lucite Grapes


The weekends are fun, but they're even more fun when you've scored some fantastic finds at an estate sale.


Here we have what looks to be a tangled mess of colored orbs, wire, and wood. If you scroll down, you'll see what these lovely things really are.


~ Vintage Lucite grapes ~


~ They're so 70s. ~


What a catch; green and blue grapes on the same vine!


According to dictionary.com, Lucite is a trademark name. Lucite is a "transparent or translucent plastic, any of a class of methyl methacrylate ester polymers."


Call it what you will. I think it's fabulous. Look at those colors!


These grapes are going to provide some great inspiration for future artwork and designs.


So, what did you find in your travels this weekend? Stay tuned. I have a feeling tomorrow's going to be even better!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Liz,

These are so pretty! I love the green and blue grapes, they are such a pretty color. I hope you are having a great summer.

Lauren said...

I've seen lucite used often in body jewelry, specifically ear gauges. I used to have a pair of hot pink lucite gauges back in my more eclectic days...