Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Night at The Auction



John and I drive by Kemler's Auctions in Bloomsburg all the time, but we never attended one of their auctions until this evening. Tonight, we made it a point to stop in. I'm glad we did because we had the opportunity to experience a new source for collectibles. I love the artwork on the cover of this magazine.


The bidding started at 7 p.m., and there wasn't a seat left in the house. For as packed as the place was, it seemed like the same ten people were bidding. I guess the auction is a night out for the rest of the folks.They had a fabulous selection of vintage glass ornaments.


I don't remember these things as a kid, but I understand they're children's play toys.

John scored four of these vintage Wise Potato Chip bags. He'll probably keep one and put the rest on eBay. I'm guessing this bag is from the '50s. I love the look of the old ink used in packaging.

2 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Great items...and yes those were children's toys..We had them to play Store with..Kept us from taking things out of our mothers' pantries...I even had a toy metal cash register that actually worked...Oh for the simpler days...

Heather said...

I have not been to auction in years. It looks like there were a great variety of goodies. I love the picture of the vintage ornaments. I have a sweet spot for vintage Christmas items.