Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Paper Mache Works-in-Progress


Here's a peek at what's going on in my studio. This morning I checked on the paper mache shapes I created on Monday. I couldn't wait to see how they turned out. They're looking good. I turned them over so that the other sides could dry evenly.


These heart shapes are drying on plastic strawberry containers.

 

I broke out the Paperclay today and sculpted approximately 40 beads this morning.

 

I used one of my clothes baskets for this drying setup. Rather than placing the clay shapes on a flat surface, I want to make sure I have some air flowing under these pieces as well. I could have used a drying rack, but why pay for one when you can rely on your ingenuity?  Hee! Hee!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love the stars you are working on, I am excited to see how they come out. I’m a sucker for stars.
Thank you for the advice you left me. Maybe once the weather gets a little nicer me and the little lady can check out a few shops. I’m not to far from Lancaster County there are some neat places there, then again they love their Amish stuff. I am hoping to do a show this summer or fall. I haven’t done anything like that in years. I know that should help too.
Thank you again for your advice.

Tina said...

Looking good so far. Can't wait to see how they all turn out. I've been wanting to play with paper clay and have no idea where to start. Your beads look wonderful
Blessings
T

Anonymous said...

Wow! Liz, you have been busy, busy, busy!

Tumbleweed Trails said...

What fun you've been having with the paer mache and paper clay. Can'jt wait to see all of the finished master pieces. Love the two hearts in your shop. The colors are delicous.
Jody

sharon said...

I adore the hearts Liz!! They are just so fun and quirky, and YOU!!

adrienne trafford said...

i can't wait to see how incredible these look when finished because they're pretty cool already!!