Monday, June 25, 2012

OrigamiUSA's Annual Convention


The exhibits at OrigamiUSA's annual convention in New York City were amazing. I was blown away by all the talent in the room. These flowers look real both up close and from a distance.


I was impressed with this black couch, accent pillows, and throw rug. It's amazing what an artist can do with paper.


 I overheard a person mentioning that these insects were anatomically correct. Look at all those details.


 ~ A colorful flower bouquet ~


~ A free-form sculpture ~


~ A burst of interlocking color ~


Now this is my kind of paper folding! George Washington always looks fabulous on anything his face appears on. Check out those rings.


This life-size dragon sculpture will give you an idea of how talented these origami artists are. I'd imagine you'd need a huge studio or workspace to fold paper this large.


Don't fear the reaper.


The two sculptures in the back remind me of doughnuts.


~ A turkey and an armadillo ~


We were blessed with a beautiful day in New York City on Saturday.


~ Blue skies ~

No comments: