Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Watercolor Palette



I've recently been asked how I set up my watercolor palette. The majority of my paints are Grumbacher's Academy brand watercolors. I've been using this paint for years, and I've always been happy with the results. Recently, one of my students introduced me to the American Journey brand watercolors available at www.CheapJoes.com. The quality of this brand is superb, and the colors are beautiful. I'm also impressed by the price and size of the paint tubes. I haven't had the paint tubes for long, but I understand this brand does not dry out in the tubes over time. I also use a few of the Sennelier brand watercolors. They're also quality paints.

If you click on the photo, you'll see a detailed version of my palette. Shannon, I hope this answers your questions. Happy painting!

No comments: