Monday, April 4, 2011

Junkin' in New Jersey


There's nothing better than spending a Sunday afternoon perusing through old junk at The Berlin Farmer's Market in Berlin, New Jersey. Save for the whipping wind, the weather was perfect for a day filled of junkin'.I love the turquoise color of these glass bottles.


It turns out that the bottles were made at Wheaton Village in Millville, New Jersey. If you ever get a chance to visit Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, do so. The museum of glass is filled with wonderful objects, and you can take a variety of different glass workshops and see glass-making demonstrations.


~ old gasoline cans ~


Although the sky was clear, I didn't see any seagulls. They're usually diving down at the people looking for food. Jersey seagulls will eat anything.


~ Inside Charlie's Clam Bar ~


They're all lined up for clams and oysters. I've never eaten at Charlie's Clam Bar simply because I'm always full after a good breakfast at the Stratford Diner. Perhaps one of these days I'll give it a try.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love those glass bottles they are so pretty. I can't wait to get to an outdoor market, it feels like it has been forever.
Have a great week! heather

Crystal said...

I love looking through outdoor markets such as this one. You never know what you will find. Too bad my husband would rather cut grass, anything besides that. Oh well, I still go whenever I can. :-)