Friday, November 26, 2010

Home Again on Black Friday


Home Again was buzzing with customers today during the Black Friday shopping event. If you're looking for unique gifts, a visit to Home Again in Luzerne, PA is a must. You'll also get to see some goodies from yours truly since I dropped off a bunch of prim ornaments and earrings from my Recycle with Style™ jewelry line.


Mary, the store owner, is a master when it comes to staging a store. When you walk into this quaint boutique, you don't want to leave. In fact, a customer from New York said the very same thing this afternoon.


Mary decorated one of the front windows with a woodsy theme, which gave it that classic cabin feel.


This is just one of many Christmas trees in Mary's store. I was captivated by the ornaments made out of dried oranges, and I love the way Mary wrapped the tree in raffia.  The tree skirt is by Capitol Earth Rugs. While in Mary's store, I bought a rug by Capitol Earth Rugs with the Penn State logo for a dear neighbor who is always dropping by with food. My neighbor is a big Penn State fan, so she's going to love the rug.


Here's a closeup of the tree all decked out in dried-orange ornaments, raffia, and tin stars. Just lovely.


The individual sections of this dried orange remind me of stained glass. I love how the lights on the Christmas tree cast a glow behind the dried-out pulp.


This white Christmas tree serves as a background for the display in the other storefront window.


~ A lovely, oak mantel decorated for Christmas ~


~ A closeup of the snowman on the mantel ~


I've never seen a lamp like this before with a Southwestern theme. For $200, this is certainly a good buy.


The bottom of this lamp also lights up. It's not as bright as the top, but it casts a faint glow. 


Look at the hand-painted details.


~ The base of the lamp ~


I'm not a fan of the color red, but this bedding by Victorian Heart Company, Inc. is something to see.


Mary certainly knows how to create a fabulous place setting. Look at how she used a wreath as a charger for each dinner plate. Amazing!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Nice decorations. If I am ever in the area I will be sure to stop in. :-)

Home Again said...

Hey Miss Liz, Thank you so much for all the kind words and great pictures. You done Home Again proud! See you soon.

Mary

Heather said...

I have the same pink house! I love the church it's very pretty. Sorry I have not stopped in in a while. My computer is dead and I have been hopping on my husbands when I get a chance. I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving. Heather