Friday, November 26, 2010

Home Again on Black Friday


Home Again was buzzing with customers today during the Black Friday shopping event. If you're looking for unique gifts, a visit to Home Again in Luzerne, PA is a must. You'll also get to see some goodies from yours truly since I dropped off a bunch of prim ornaments and earrings from my Recycle with Style™ jewelry line.


Mary, the store owner, is a master when it comes to staging a store. When you walk into this quaint boutique, you don't want to leave. In fact, a customer from New York said the very same thing this afternoon.


Mary decorated one of the front windows with a woodsy theme, which gave it that classic cabin feel.


This is just one of many Christmas trees in Mary's store. I was captivated by the ornaments made out of dried oranges, and I love the way Mary wrapped the tree in raffia.  The tree skirt is by Capitol Earth Rugs. While in Mary's store, I bought a rug by Capitol Earth Rugs with the Penn State logo for a dear neighbor who is always dropping by with food. My neighbor is a big Penn State fan, so she's going to love the rug.


Here's a closeup of the tree all decked out in dried-orange ornaments, raffia, and tin stars. Just lovely.


The individual sections of this dried orange remind me of stained glass. I love how the lights on the Christmas tree cast a glow behind the dried-out pulp.


This white Christmas tree serves as a background for the display in the other storefront window.


~ A lovely, oak mantel decorated for Christmas ~


~ A closeup of the snowman on the mantel ~


I've never seen a lamp like this before with a Southwestern theme. For $200, this is certainly a good buy.


The bottom of this lamp also lights up. It's not as bright as the top, but it casts a faint glow. 


Look at the hand-painted details.


~ The base of the lamp ~


I'm not a fan of the color red, but this bedding by Victorian Heart Company, Inc. is something to see.


Mary certainly knows how to create a fabulous place setting. Look at how she used a wreath as a charger for each dinner plate. Amazing!

3 comments:

art2cee2 said...

Nice decorations. If I am ever in the area I will be sure to stop in. :-)

Home Again said...

Hey Miss Liz, Thank you so much for all the kind words and great pictures. You done Home Again proud! See you soon.

Mary

blue eyed dragonfly studio said...

I have the same pink house! I love the church it's very pretty. Sorry I have not stopped in in a while. My computer is dead and I have been hopping on my husbands when I get a chance. I hope you had a beautiful Thanksgiving. Heather