Saturday, November 7, 2009

Northeast Bead Extravaganza


After my jewelry-making workshop this morning, my friend and fellow artist Lynn Catnes stopped by Arts YOUniverse to pick me up for the Northeast Bead Extravaganza at the Genetti Hotel on Market Street in Wilkes-Barre. I ran into so many friends, students, and jewelry-making enthusiasts today. It was like homecoming. I even met a wonderful, young lady who is a pre-med student at Wilkes University, and she's a member of the ROTC. Thank you for your service to our country.

The folks at the Northeast Bead Extravaganza did a wonderful job putting together this event. If you didn't get there today, I highly recommend that you take a trip to visit the bead show tomorrow, which is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The vendors are topnotch.

Here's a peek at some of what we enjoyed at the show today.


First, let's give a round of applause to Suzy Porreca and Ivo DiPalma of Veni Vidi Beadi for putting on this fantastic show. Suzy was kind of enough to pose for this beautiful picture. Thanks, Suzy!

Suzy mentioned that they may have jewelry-making workshops at the show next year. Hmmm...perhaps I'll get a chance to teach at a future event.


I scored these fabulous dichroic glass tabs from Marcia Moore of Marcia Moore Designs. I can't wait to use them in my next jewelry project.


Here's a lovely picture of Marcia.

Then Lynn and I had a chance to stop by Talisman Beads to check out the new additions to their line of beads called "pewties." They added so many new beads to this line. I love this line of beads because they're so versatile. Here's a peek at some of what I picked up today.

Lynn also picked up some wonderful beads from Leslie of Twisted Sistah Beads. Leslie has a great selection of Miyuki Beads. Be sure to check them out!

After all of this excitement, I think I need to take a break to sift through my beads.

2 comments:

sharon said...

Looks great Liz...I"ll be there tomorrow!! BTW, love your vintage glasses too!!

Monica said...

I have been trying to get some beads from Veni Vidi Beadi but can't get a hold of them. Do you know if they are still in business? I LOVE Suzy and hope she is ok.