Thursday, February 19, 2009

earrings, earrings, earrings!


I just received a copy of the book titled earrings, earrings, earrings! This book features my Egyptian Earrings, Recycle With Style Earrings, and Daisy Earrings. I'd like to thank editor Barb Switzer and publisher House of White Birches for choosing my designs for their new book. If you're looking for some "earring" inspiration, be sure to pick up a copy of this new book. It's packed with lots of fabulous projects.

I took some photos of the earrings and wanted to share them with you. The Egyptian Earrings are based on an original design I created in 1990, which were much longer and featured etched bronze pieces hanging from each earring. The original earrings were soldered; whereas, these earrings were fabricated using cold-join connections. My good friend and author, Rosemary Goodwin, owns the original pair.


John and I have been recycling for years, and aluminum pull tabs are great for jewelry projects, which I refer to as my Recycle With Style™ line of jewelry. Aluminum is wonderful to work with because it's lightweight and very pliable. I used a dapping block to place a slight curve in two pairs of these earrings. This project appeals to both children and adults.

The Daisy Earrings are featured on the back cover of the book as well.

2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

What a wonderful idea for the pull tabs...so clever. Love all the earrings. Lisa

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your opinion and way of thinking, again, thanks for this nice post.

- Murk