Sunday, June 12, 2011

So Long for the Season


Last night John and I attended the last auction for the season at Kemler's Auction in Bloomsburg. As always, there was a lot to take in. If you were looking for furniture, you should have been there. The gallery was loaded with wooden chairs, tables, cupboards, and and some unique items including shutters and old chicken crates.

Tom (the auctioneer) and I had a little chuckle when he spied me taking pictures before the auction started. He thought I was taking pictures of one of the auction goers. It turns out the guy Tom was referring to sat behind us, and I got to hear his whole life story. His tales of woe were ready to throw me over the edge.


Trays of rings, pins, pendants, bulky chains, and rhinestone bracelets and necklaces filled an entire table.


~ Vintage Pennsylvania license plates ~


~ A tray of salt-and-pepper shakers and other glass items ~


What a lonesome bunny. Nobody wanted him, and he ended up going home with the original owner.


Earlier that day, John and I had the chance to take in an estate sale in Kingston. This attic was strewn with boxes of old photo albums. Check out the green mist in this photograph. It's creepy. 


Help me. I've fallen, and I can't get up.


I'm always intrigued to see what people store in their attics. I found old wrapping paper and bows in this section of the attic. Sound familiar?


If I owned a hunting cabin in the woods, this baby would have come home with me.

4 comments:

C. said...

Liz- after I looked at the green mist all the pictures seemed a little creepy! Especially the doll and (eek) the deer feet. I guess that's one way to reduce-reuse-recycle, right?

Heather said...

I love the old PA plates. My great-grandmother had some like that hanging in her garage. I love the orange beads from a couple posts ago. Orange is my favorite color. I love everything orange.

To answer your question about PA, I do love PA this time of year. I think it's such a pretty state.

I hope you are enjoying the weather!

Crystal said...

Very cool photos! I think it has been way too long since I have been to an auction...think i'll search one out soon! :-)

BLUEYEDUCKstudios said...

...we used to spend every Sat night at an auction - oh those where the days! WHAT FUN! So glad you shared L)