Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and I just finished making some heart-shaped, paper ornaments that can also be used as gift tags or door hangers. Following is a quick tutorial on how to make these crafty, little hearts.
Materials* Construction paper in the colors of your choice
* Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
* Glitter (gold and silver)
Tools* Fiskars paper edgers (pinking and scallop)
* Fiskars scissors
Instructions1) Using the scallop paper edgers, cut a heart out of construction paper that measures approximately 4" in height by 3 1/2" wide.
2) Using the pinking paper edgers, cut two small hearts out of construction paper.
3) Using Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®, glue these two hearts to the large heart cut out in step one.
4) Cut a small piece of plaid ribbon, and glue it to the bottom of the heart-shaped ornament.
5) Glue a small button on top of the plaid ribbon. Let dry completely.
6) Place small dots of Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue® around the ornament, and then sprinkle some glitter on top of the glue. Shake off any excess glitter. Let dry completely.
7) Use the nail to make a hole in the top of the ornament, and then add a piece of ribbon or twine to the ornament.