Saturday, August 21, 2010

Philly Bead Fest 2010


I had good intentions of keeping my spending in check today at the Philly Bead Fest, but when you're bombarded with deals, deals, deals, you have to take advantage of a good situation. Right?


I had the pleasure of spending the day with Lynn of Lynn's Craftworld, and Sally of WireWorked. We had a blast on the way to the show catching up on old times, and we had even more fun at the show spending money. I was swimming in a sea of beads today because the prices were right!

I coined the phrase, "A penny pinched is a penny earned," (a slight variation of Ben Franklin's original saying) and I was able to pinch a lot of pennies today at the show with all the fabulous deals. Heck, in this economy, you have to pinch your pennies.


I bought these beautiful glass beads by Maureen of Pumpkin Hill Beads. I can't wait to design some new earrings using these glass beads. This picture doesn't do justice for Maureen's beads. You have to see her beads in person. They're to die for.



Here's the lovely Maureen of Pumpkin Hill Beads.



Yes, people were spending money today at the show. Some of the vendors I spoke to said that the economy is a major drag on their business. I understand, but I always keep a positive attitude. When you're self-employed, you have no choice but to keep on going.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely beads! I had such a great time! Especially when we stopped at Bravo for such a delicious dinner!! ;)

Lisa said...

Oh Liz, I do love a good deal,,,unfortunately I have no idea how to make jewelry, maybe one day? Also every penny you spent is a penny earned for the vendor, not as much as they want but money is money.

Be well,
Lisa

Tina said...

The world of beads is a new thing for me, but I could get hooked!

Periwinkle Paisley said...

Those lampwork beads are soooo pretty! I'm sure they'll make lovely earrings.

DEIDRE said...

LIZ...thanks so much for dropping in on my Blog...I have just gotten back into posting more lately...nice to see I have a new friend. Love your work...fun! DEIDRE

Marie Patterson Studio said...

Hi Liz,
Thanks for making the connection at the Hive! I'm putting your blog into m google reader!
Have a great weekend!
Marie

Carolee said...

Just dropping by to let you know you won the EHAG Emporium giveaway! (email on it's way too). :)

~ Carolee

Christopher A. Klingler said...

Congrats on your win of my "Gnome Jack" postcard print @ EHAG!

Will ship your goodie ASAP.

SpOOky Best,
Chris >:-)