Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday's Projects


Here's a peek at what's going on in my studio. Mary, the owner of Home Again, said she'd like to see more of my primitive works in her store, so I thought this old tool box would make a great surface to decorate.

After I'm done painting the box, I'm going to place a picture hanger on the back of the box and then seal the box shut with wood glue. The box used to hold micrometers, so the inside of the box is not very pretty.


I started this project by applying one layer of white paint using a dry-brush technique, and then I started to apply the other colors. I love using the DecoArt Americana brand acrylic paints because they have a nice flow, and they have a long shelf life.

This is just one of the many projects I'm involved with right now.  I currently have several paper mache pieces that are almost done drying, and I have more armatures waiting to be covered with paper mache.  Someone also dropped by my studio this morning with some restoration work for me.  It's a never-ending process, but I love it.

No comments: