Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Favorite Middle Eastern Dishes

Every now and then, I get a craving for Middle Eastern food. That's where Cedars Deli comes in. Cedars Deli sells each item A la carte, and then I put everything together when I get home.

The dish above features their flat, unleavened bread topped with hummus, tabbouleh, and baked kibbeh. I like the kibbeh warm, so I microwave a small piece for a few seconds and then crumble it on top of the hummus and tabbouleh. Then I wrap everything up like a burrito, and eat it like that. Love all those flavors mixed together!


The tabbouleh is delicious by itself. Look at all that parsley.


The hummus is great for dipping with the flat bread.


The kibbeh comes in small squares. Love the pine nuts inside each piece of kibbeh!

The unleavened flat bread is easy to eat. Just tear a piece off.

If you're looking for delicious, homemade Middle Eastern food, be sure to visit Cedars Deli at 322 Park Avenue in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The phone number is (570) 829-0666. The deli also carries delicious desserts, but I had to pass on the baklava today after eating too many Christmas cookies.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Cedars has been a mainstay in my family for as long as I can remember! Another favorite of mine is Pete's Place by the South street bridge. They carry a kibbi, hummus, and tabbouleh wrap that I get sans kibbi.It's about time someone gives props to middle eastern food!